by Gideon Lehmann | June 12, 2018
Meet Live Blog 3.4
Over the past few months, Live Blog has become increasingly popular as its features have grown more powerful. Recently powering the Eurovision Song Contest’s official live blog, Live Blog version 3.4 is filled with useful new features and improvements that make tools even easier to use, including:
- Enhancements to our advertisement management system based on configurable output channels. Ads can now be placed easily into a Live Blog’s timeline in a configurable frequency for both our Default and AMP themes. This means that you’ll be able to make more profit from advertisements with readers now engaging with ads on their phones.
- Updates to our text editor will result in a much smoother editing experience. When it comes to editing text that has been copied and pasted from external sources, our text editor will now remove the unwanted original formatting of the text. This will save you from having to fix the formatting in your post before publishing.
- Thinking about archiving or deleting several blogs at once? You’ll now be able to select several at a time and do so, rather than spending time adjusting the settings for each one individually.
- The user commenting feature is now available for the AMP output, so you’ll also be able to engage with your readers directly through their phones by incorporating their comments into your live blog. This increased user engagement won’t only benefit the content you produce but will also help to popularise your live blog in the long run.
- Our customisable Live Blog themes can meet any need. We’ve always made sure that our live blog themes are adjustable to fulfil the requirements and branding of different organisations. In version 3.4, we’ve introduced blocks that allow you to override certain components of your chosen Live Blog theme while still maintaining the desired elements, even when new updates become available.
We’ve also been hard at work increasing the test coverage of our software, inheriting the latest version of our mother project Superdesk with its improved UI and updating our API documentation to make sure it functions well with our new features.
We are already working on our next developments to Live Blog. Here are three things that are under way for future releases:
- Direct video upload
- Automated creation of AMP-compatible output channels
- Improvements in regards to data privacy and embeds
Be sure to contact us if you have any questions about the latest updates to Live Blog: email@example.com